Teaching integrated sciences (Earth, Life, Physical) to grade 7 to 9 students in Bangkok.
• 40,300 baht (EP/Content) salary per month plus 500 baht per hour if overtime.
• 12 month (EP/Content) academic year contract that can be extended for additional years and additional benefits.
*No unpaid months or reduced pay due to school holidays or reduced teaching hours
• Monthly supplemental attendance bonus of 750 baht per month.
• End of Contract bonus up to 34,000 baht.
• Guaranteed yearly 3% cost of living pay increase.
• BUPA medical and dental insurance paid.
• Dependent tuition reimbursement up to 10,000 baht for children enrolled in a BFITS program at a partner school.
• 2 weeks paid vacation (additional weeks for additional years of employment up to 4 weeks).
• All Thai government holidays off with pay (13-15 days annually)
*These are mandatory government holidays in addition to the paid vacation.
• Paid personal/sick days (unused personal days reimbursed at 500 baht per day at end of contract).
• Assistance in visa extension and obtaining a Non-B visa (Teacher must provide proper documentation-Original degree/TEFL).
• Work permit paid by BFITS.
• Assistance (if needed) in locating housing.
• Airport pickup (if needed).
• Yearly professional development training provided for free during school breaks. Topics of training based on teacher requests and needs.
• Western Management.
• Teaching hours range from 15-20 hours a week.
• Class sizes range from 25-35 students per class with air conditioned classrooms and LCD projectors.
• School hours are approximately 07.30am-4.00pm Monday to Friday. School hours vary with each school.
• Curriculum and lesson plans are already developed and provided for each teacher.
• All teaching materials are supplied by BFITS in digital format on a notebook computer: Teacher Editions, Student Editions, Interactive Whiteboard and pre-made PowerPoints, Learning Management System (LMS)
• Teach assigned subjects to assigned classes as per schedule provided.
• Adapt and deliver PowerPoint lessons from Interactive Whiteboard provided by BFITS.
• Modify and adapt lessons to meet the needs of your class.
PLEASE NOTE: Lessons are delivered via notebook computer using Powerpoint.
IT skills are a necessary.
• Maintain weekly school office hours.
• Maintain student grading/assessment using company online Learning Management System.
• Attend office meetings or professional development workshops held during office hours.
• Native English Speaker (Passport and Degree from USA, Canada, UK, or Australia).
• Bachelor's Degree (preference given to degrees in education or content area wishing to teach).
• TEFL/TESOL Certification.
• Police Clearance.
• Basic Office/IT Skills.
• One or more years teaching experience preferred (non-experienced teachers will be considered provided they have degrees specific to the content to be taught).